Wow, it’s been a long time since I’ve posted here. Well, I’m back with a script that I’m sure you’ll enjoy: Audio encryption for RPG Maker VX Ace! I’m way too tired to go into detail, but you can find the script here.
New script! Well, actually a script I wrote a while ago but it’s only now being released as part of the RMVXA Community’s April Restaff Release. You can pick it up there as well as other awesome free resources.
The script lets you create multiple title layers, each with as many frames of animation as you’d like. They can also be moved around to create neat visual effects. Be sure to check it out!
It’s been a while, but I’ve finally added another script. This one is less flashy, but will also make your game feel more polished. It changes how the Optimize function in the Equip scene works by letting you set custom weights to parameters. That way, your warrior will no longer be given a Wand of Smiting when you use Optimize!
You can find the script and more details here.
It’s been a couple of days since I’ve posted. I’ve been working on my main project mostly as I want to make some substantial progress on it. Thus, my scripting projects have been placed on the backburner. However, I do have a few scripts in the works and once I finish the next milestone in my game expect to see some more scripts.
In the meantime, I did do some scripting but it was more of a side project. Galv, whose awesome script collection can be found in my sidebar, made a space shooter minigame. I took the liberty of making an expansion which added a new weapon and other features. He has since incorporated these changes and more in the main script; you can find the thread here.
I’ve recently started to learn scripting on the side and decided to convert this blog into a central hub for my scripts. I’ll also continue to post updates on any game projects I’m working on as well.
To start off the blog, I present my first script that is completely my own work: Animated Gauges! This script adds some flavor to battles by making HP, MP and TP gauges change gradually rather instantaneously.
The core script was simple to implement, but I wanted to have compatibility with Yanfly’s Battle System and Core scripts. This was surprisingly tricky due to the non-modular implementation of Yanfly’s battle status window, but after a while I managed to figure it out.
There will be more to come, so I hope you enjoy it!